Many opiate abusers have eased their withdrawal symptoms by using The Thomas Recipe for opiate withdrawal, an at-home self-detox regimen designed by a long-time prescription opiate addict.
I also used The Thomas Recipe for opiate withdrawal several years ago. As a result of following the protocol, my opiate withdrawal symptoms were almost non-existent.
I love both the simplicity and the strength of The Thomas Recipe ingredients, which consists of the following…
Table of Contents
- 1 The Thomas Recipe For Opiate Withdrawal – Thomas Recipe Ingredients
- 2 The Thomas Recipe For Opiate Withdrawal – Step 1
- 3 The Thomas Recipe For Opiate Withdrawal – Step 2
- 4 The Thomas Recipe For Opiate Withdrawal – Step 3
- 5 The Thomas Recipe For Opiate Withdrawal – Step 4
- 6 The Thomas Recipe For Opiate Withdrawal – Step 5
- 7 The Thomas Recipe For Opiate Withdrawal – Modifying The Thomas Recipe
- 8 The Thomas Recipe For Opiate Withdrawal and The Finch Formula
The Thomas Recipe For Opiate Withdrawal – Thomas Recipe Ingredients
- Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Xanax, Ativan, or Klonopin) – Powerful anxiety medications available by prescription only.
- Imodium AD – Over the counter diarrhea medication that acts as an opiate on the stomach and reduces gastrointestinal discomfort.
- L-Tyrosine (500 mg) – Amino acid supplement available at health food stores that helps you produce dopamine, enhance mood, decrease stress, and increase energy.
- Multivitamin/Mineral Supplement – Helps to relieve Restless Leg Syndrome (make sure the supplement contains at least 100% RDA of potassium, zinc, copper, phosphorous, and magnesium.
- Vitamin B-6 – Promotes the absorption of L-Tyrosine.
- Hot Baths – Or jacuzzi or hot shower. Soothes aching muscles and limbs and calms the nerves.
The Thomas Recipe For Opiate Withdrawal – Step 1
Take the multivitamin/mineral supplement with food every day during opiate withdrawal. Doing this can help relieve Restless Leg Syndrome. Start taking Valium or another benzo on the first day.
Make sure to take enough to make you fall asleep, but be extremely careful to not take too much. Start off with a high dose, then lower the amount you take every day until day four or five, then stop. You shouldn’t need it anymore at this point.
The Thomas Recipe For Opiate Withdrawal – Step 2
Take hot baths or dips in the jacuzzi as much as you can while using The Thomas Recipe for opiate withdrawal. Doing so can greatly reduce muscle soreness and aching limbs. It can also help to relax your nervous system and promote better sleep.
The Thomas Recipe For Opiate Withdrawal – Step 3
Use Imodium AD as often as you need to stop diarrhea during opiate withdrawal, but only take the bare minimum needed to achieve this. You shouldn’t need to use it anymore after the fourth day.
The Thomas Recipe For Opiate Withdrawal – Step 4
On the fourth day start taking 2,000 mg of L-Tyrosine with B6 on an empty stomach an hour before eating breakfast. This will counteract the opiate withdrawal malaise and provide you with physical and mental energy.
If it gives you the “jitters” reduce your dose as needed. Continue to take this combination for at least a week or two. Continue to take the multi-vitamin/mineral supplement with food every day.
The Thomas Recipe For Opiate Withdrawal – Step 5
Start exercising as soon as you feel ready. This really helps you produce endorphins, which are our bodies natural painkillers.
Exercise is one of the most powerful home remedies for opiate withdrawal.
Bypassing this important step will surely impede your progress, so make sure to do a type of exercise you enjoy, that way you will be more likely to stick with it.
The Thomas Recipe For Opiate Withdrawal – Modifying The Thomas Recipe
Not everyone has access to Valium or other benzos, so this can make things difficult since this is the most powerful ingredient in The Thomas Recipe.
The reason benzo anxiety medications are so effective is that they increase the amount of a chemical in the brain called gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA).
GABA is often referred to as the brain’s natural Valium. Actually, a better way to describe it would be to say that Valium is just unnatural GABA!
There are two herbs, valerian root, and passion flower, that have been shown to reduce anxiety and treat insomnia in the same way that Valium works, by increasing levels of GABA in the brain.
A great way to boost the effectiveness of The Thomas Recipe is to take this Opiate Withdrawal Supplement which contains both valerian root and passion flower, among other beneficial ingredients for opiate withdrawal.
This awesome opiate withdrawal supplement is incredibly powerful on its own. If I ever had to go through opiate withdrawal again, I would be buying some!
If you can afford it, I also highly recommend taking this awesome supplement, because the benefits are just too good to pass up.
The Thomas Recipe For Opiate Withdrawal and The Finch Formula
Click here to read about “The Finch Formula,” which is a much more powerful version of The Thomas Recipe.
If you have any questions about using the Thomas Recipe for opiate withdrawal, please post them in the comment box below.