Many opiate abusers have eased their withdrawal symptoms by using The Thomas Recipe, an at-home self-detox regimen designed by a long-time prescription opiate addict. I also used The Thomas Recipe for opiate withdrawal several years ago. As a result of following the protocol, my opiate withdrawal symptoms were almost non-existent.
I love both the simplicity and the strength of The Thomas Recipe, which consists of the following:
- Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Xanax, Ativan, or Klonopin) – Powerful anxiety medications available by prescription only.
- Imodium AD – Over the counter diarrhea medication that acts like an opiate on the stomach and reduces gastrointestinal discomfort.
- L-Tyrosine (500 mg) – Amino acid supplement available at health food stores that helps you produce dopamine, enhance mood, decrease stress, and increase energy.
- Multivitamin/Mineral Supplement – Helps to relieve Restless Leg Syndrome (make sure the supplement contains at least 100% RDA of potassium, zinc, copper, phosphorous, and magnesium.
- Vitamin B-6 – Promotes the absorption of L-Tyrosine.
- Hot Baths – Or jacuzzi or hot shower. Soothes aching muscles and limbs and calms the nerves.
How to Use The Thomas Recipe for Opiate Withdrawal
Step 1. Take the multivitamin/mineral supplement with food every day during opiate withdrawal. Doing this can help relieve Restless Leg Syndrome. Start taking Valium or another benzo on the first day. Make sure to take enough to make you fall asleep, but be extremely careful to not take too much. Start off with a high dose, then lower the amount you take every day until day four or five, then stop. You shouldn’t need it anymore at this point.
Step 2. Take hot baths or dips in the jacuzzi as much as you can while using The Thomas Recipe for opiate withdrawal. Doing so can greatly reduce muscle soreness and aching limbs. It can also help to relax your nervous system and promote better sleep.
Step 3. Use Imodium AD as often as you need to stop diarrhea during opiate withdrawal, but only take the bare minimum needed to achieve this. You shouldn’t need to use it anymore after the fourth day.
Step 4. On the fourth day start taking 2,000 mg of L-Tyrosine with B6 on an empty stomach an hour before eating breakfast. This will counteract the opiate withdrawal malaise and provide you with physical and mental energy. If it gives you the “jitters” reduce your dose as needed. Continue to take this combination for at least a week or two. Continue to take the multi-vitamin/mineral supplement with food everyday.
Step 5. Start exercising as soon as you feel ready. This really helps you produce endorphins, which are our bodies natural pain killers. Exercise is one of the most powerful home remedies for opiate withdrawal. Bypassing this important step will surely impede your progress, so make sure to do a type of exercise you enjoy, that way you will be more likely to stick with it.
Modifying The Thomas Recipe
Note: Not everyone has access to valium or other benzos, so this can make things difficult, since this is the most powerful ingredient in The Thomas Recipe. The reason benzo anxiety medications are so effective is because they increase the amount of a chemical in the brain called gamma amino butyric acid (GABA). GABA is often referred to as the brain’s natural Valium. Actually, a better way to describe it would be to say that Valium is just unnatural GABA!
There are two herbs, valerian root and passion flower, that have been shown to reduce anxiety and treat insomnia in the same way that Valium works, by increasing levels of GABA in the brain. If you aren’t able to get your doctor to prescribe you Valium or other benzos, a great way to modify The Thomas Recipe for opiate withdrawal is to take Calm Support (Read review…), which contains both valerian root and passion flower, among other beneficial ingredients for opiate withdrawal.
This awesome opiate withdrawal supplement is incredibly powerful on its own. If I ever had to go through opiate withdrawal again, I would be buying some! If you can afford it, I also highly recommend taking Kyani. This supplement has too many benefits to pass up.
If you have any questions on using the Thomas Recipe for opiate withdrawal, please post them in the comment box below.
Latest posts by Matt Finch (see all)
- Vitamin Support Review – Supplements To Ease Withdrawal Symptoms - February 13, 2017
- How To Detox From Heroin At Home: My Top 4 Heroin Detox Plans - January 27, 2017
- Probuphine Implant Review – An In-Depth Evaluation of Probuphine - January 14, 2017