Table of Contents
When searching for the best home remedies for opiate withdrawal, I suppose most people are looking for things that are inexpensive and easily accessible. There are many home remedies for opiate withdrawal symptoms that work well.
The purpose of this article is to provide you with 7 ways you can have an easier withdrawal, while spending less than $60 dollars on everything that’s on your shopping list.
If you want to read my complete list of home remedies for opiate withdrawal, click on the link below:
I review over 20 of the most powerful withdrawal remedies that will give you all the information you could ever need.
Home Remedies for Opiate Withdrawal – OTC Medications
1. Imodium AD – One of the side effects of opiates is constipation. After using them consistently for a period of time you can develop a physiological dependence. A sudden cessation of opiate use will result in diarrhea. This is because your body is used to a steady supply of constipating narcotics.
The most effective way to remedy this is by taking Imodium AD. Imodium acts as a mu-opiod agonist on the myenteric plexus in the large intestine. This means that it mimics the effects opiates have on your stomach.
It stops intestinal spasms and diarrhea extremely well.
Though it acts like an opiate it doesn’t get you high or mess up your detox. Most people who have studied Imodium believe this is because it doesn’t cross the blood-brain barrier. This is false. It does cross the barrier, but it immediately gets pumped back into non-central nervous system circulation. If you want to save a ton of money get Equate – Anti-Diarrheal, 72 Caplets (Compare to Imodium A-D).
It’s generic Imodium AD, which is just 2 mg caplets of loperamide HCL. The best part is….it’s only a little over $3.
2. NSAIDS – Opiates are strong painkillers. After taking them for a long time then stopping, your body goes through some serious pain. One way to minimize the pain is by taking NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).
They are mild pain relievers and won’t help as much as you’d like, but they will help nonetheless. If you want to save some money get the generic form, Ibuprofen 200mg Coated Tablets 100 Count (Generic AdvilÂ®). The best part is….it’s only a little over $2.
3. Topical Analgesics – You’re going to need all the help you can get when it comes to pain relief. I recommend getting Self-Heal Balm with DMSO to rub on sore muscles during opiate withdrawal. DMSO (Dimethyl Sulfoxide) is a naturally occuring by-product from paper processing.
It’s very effective at reducing pain and inflammation. This is one of my favorite home remedies for opiate withdrawal because it really soothes and relaxes sore muscles, especially problem areas like the calves.
It can help relieve pain before bed so it’s easier to fall asleep. The best part is….it’s less than $17.
Natural Home Remedies for Opiate Withdrawal
4. Epsom Salt Baths – I LOVE epsom salt baths for opiate withdrawal. Epsom salt is a naturally occurring pure mineral compound consisting of magnesium and sulfate. Both of these compounds are easily absorbed through the skin, so taking baths is a great way to get fast benefits.
Epsom salt baths help to:
- Relax the nervous system.
- Flush toxins from the body.
- Sooth back pain and aching limbs.
- Improve the absorption of nutrients.
- Produce serotonin – The chemical in the brain that helps you feel emotionally relaxed.
- Produce adenosine triphosphate (ATP) – Promotes energy production.
This is one of the most powerful home remedies for opiate withdrawal. To add this to your home remedies for opiate withdrawal shopping list, get something like Morton Epsom Salt, Plain U.S.P., 4 Pound. The best part is….it’s only around $11.
5. Passion Flower – One of the worst opiate withdrawal symptoms is anxiety. Passion flower is an herb that can help minimize anxiety. It does this by helping your brain produce a neurotransmitter called gamma-amino butyric acid (GABA). GABA is your brains natural Valium.
Actually, a better way to describe it would be to say Valium is unnatural GABA!
Passion flower is used for anxiety, gastrointestinal distress due to anxiety, insomnia, and narcotic drug withdrawal. These benefits make it one of the top home remedies for opiate withdrawal. To add this to your home remedies for opiate withdrawal shopping list, get something like Herb Pharm Passionflower 1 Ounces.
The best part is….it’s only about $10.
6. L-Tyrosine – This is one of the top home remedies for opiate withdrawal. L-Tyrosine is a non-essential amino acid that is found primarily in high-protein foods. It’s converted to L-dopa in the brain.
L-dopa converts to dopamine, which is a neurotransmitter that is responsible for feelings of pleasure and mental alertness. Taking L-Tyrosine during opiate withdrawal can reduce stress and improve mood. To add this to your home remedies for opiate withdrawal shopping list, get something like Now Foods L-Tyrosine 500mg, 120-Capsules. The best part is….it’s only about $10.
7. Natural Sleep Formulas – Insomnia is one of the most dreaded opiate withdrawal symptoms. When looking for good home remedies for opiate withdrawal, natural sleep formulas can definitely help. Over-the-counter sleeping pills can also work, but I recommend natural formulas because they are usually more effective.
The only problem is that many of them are expensive. Luckily, I found one that is very inexpensive and works well. Now Foods Sleep Veg Capsules, 90 Count contains:
- Valerian – Helps you fall asleep faster and deepens sleep.
- Hops – Reduces anxiety, restlessnes and insomnia.
- GABA – Reduces anxiety, mentally relaxing.
- Passion Flower – Reduces anxiety, gastrointestinal upset due to anxiety, narcotic drug withdrawal.
The best part is….it’s only about $10 to add it to your home remedies for opiate withdrawal shopping list.
Other useful Home Remedies for Opiate Withdrawal
- Ginger ale
- Plenty of water
- Funny movies
- Heating pad
- Saltine crackers
- Cool, dark room to sleep in
Home Remedies for Opiate Withdrawal Formulas
The purpose of this article was to show you 7 powerful home remedies for opiate withdrawal that you can purchase at a store like Walmart or Amazon for under $60. I have used all the above products and they helped minimize my symptoms. They will not be as beneficial as benzodiazepines and clonidine, but they are easy to obtain, legal and inexpensive. They also work pretty well when using all of them together.
There are also home remedies for opiate withdrawal formulas. They have a variety of ingredients that can help decrease withdrawal symptoms. If you have the extra money I HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting one of these products. They can be the difference between having a horrible withdrawal and a mild one.
A popular, high-quality opiate withdrawal formula I endorse is:
I hope this article helped you realize how many home remedies for opiate withdrawal there are. If you succeed in quitting and staying clean, your life can be awesome like you’ve never imagined.
Click here now to view my best home detox program. If you have any questions on home remedies for opiate withdrawal, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment box below.