Perhaps you’ve already heard that taking a hot bath is beneficial during opiate withdrawal. Hot baths can relax the nervous system, soothe aching muscles and limbs, and improve sleep. It doesn’t even have to be a hot bath, a jacuzzi works well too.
But have you heard of epsom salt baths? Hmmm?
If you’ve never had one of these, you are truly missing out! It’s a quick, inexpensive, and natural way to relieve pain and promote relaxation.
Epsom salt is a naturally occurring pure mineral compound consisting of sulfate and magnesium. Both of these are easily absorbed through the skin, making epsom salt baths an ideal way to gain the following benefits during opiate withdrawal:
- Flushes toxins from the body
- Relaxes the nervous system
- Soothes back pain and aching limbs
- Improves the absorption of nutrients
Note: Research also shows that magnesium increases energy and stamina by promoting ATP (adenosine triphosphate) production. It helps to produce serotonin, the chemical in the brain that helps you feel emotionally relaxed. Stress drains the body of magnesium and increases levels of adrenaline, so it’s important to replenish it while going through opiate withdrawal.
How To Make An Epsom Salt Bath
I highly recommend taking one regular hot bath in the morning, as well as one hot espom salt bath in the evening for the first few days of acute opiate withdrawal. After the acute phase has passed, you can continue to take epsom salt baths up to three times per week.
- Step 1: Run hot water in bathtub to desired depth.
- Step 2: Pour two cups of epsom salt into bath water.
- Step 3: Soak your body in the bath for as long as the water is hot (no less than 12 minutes).
Note: Epsom salt can be purchased at any store like Wal Mart, Rite Aid, Target etc. I bought some yesterday for $10, and it will last me for several baths. Click here now to view my best home detox program.
Latest posts by Matt Finch (see all)
- Top Extracts Review Part II – The Awesomeness Continues… - March 18, 2017
- What Are Roxies? The Complete Guide To Roxies - March 6, 2017
- Vitamin Support Review – Supplements To Ease Withdrawal Symptoms - February 13, 2017