Contrary to popular belief, opiate withdrawal doesn’t have to be difficult. Sound too good to be true? After healing from my addiction over three years ago, I’ve made it my life’s purpose and mission to research and write about all of the best natural remedies for opiate withdrawal. The result? I’ve learned a lot…and I’ve helped many people have mild withdrawals using these natural remedies for opiate withdrawal.
There are so many natural remedies for opiate withdrawal that it can be difficult to choose which ones to use. Fortunately, I’ve taken the guesswork away for you…so I now present you with the Top 4 natural remedies for opiate withdrawal:
Table of Contents
- 1 1. Ibogaine – Natural Remedy for Opiate Withdrawal
- 2 2. Mega-Doses of Vitamin C – Natural Remedy for Opiate Withdrawal
- 3 3. Opiate Withdrawal Supplements – Natural Remedy for Opiate Withdrawal
- 4 4. Kratom – Natural Remedy for Opiate Withdrawal
- 5 Good Luck
1. Ibogaine – Natural Remedy for Opiate Withdrawal
Ibogaine is one of the least known natural remedies for opiate withdrawal. Ibogaine is a naturally occurring psychoactive substance found in Tabernanthe Iboga, a root that grows in Africa. This natural remedy for opiate withdrawal is used by the Bwiti people for medicinal and spiritual practices.
In the 1960’s it started to gain popularity as having anti-addictive and natural remedies for opiate withdrawal properties. Although it has been used to treat addiction to alcohol, nicotine, methamphetamines, crack and other drugs, it’s most well-known for being one of the strongest natural remedies for opiate withdrawal.
This powerful hallucinogen can stop even the most severe opiate withdrawal symptoms.
What’s more, in the majority of cases it not only stops withdrawal, but it also eliminates or significantly reduces opioid cravings for several months after treatment. How is this strange natural remedy for opiate withdrawal able to do this?
It is theorized that ibogaine, being one of the most interesting natural remedies for opiate withdrawal, binds to a myriad of receptor sites, including the opioid receptors. Ibogaine supposedly resets your biochemistry, restoring your brain to its pre-opiate addiction functioning. Ibogaine is one of the most controversial natural remedies for opiate withdrawal and has been referred to as an addiction interrupter. This means that it if you really work on improving your life during the months that follow using ibogaine for natural opiate withdrawal, there is a high chance you can stay clean long-term.
However, If you squander your time hanging out with old friends and engaging in the same behaviors, you will likely return to active opiate addiction.
This is a very important time. Those few months post-ibogaine many people feel physically and mentally healthy and recharged, while simultaneously not craving opiates. This positive momentum can be the catalyst to get your life back together.
Some people need to do ibogaine 2-3 times before they clean up permanently. Ibogaine, a natural remedy for opiate withdrawal that makes you hallucinate for an entire day, is currently illegal in the United States due to it being a Schedule 1 drug, meaning the FDA believes it to have no medicinal value and a high potential for abuse.
Ibogaine treatment centers focus on natural remedies for opiate withdrawal and operate legally in the following countries:
- The Carribean
- Central America
- South America
- Many countries in Europe
- It appears to be one of the strongest natural remedies for opiate withdrawal to get off and stay off opiates long-term.
- Ibogaine resets your brain chemistry to its pre-addicted state, thereby eliminating dependence, withdrawal symptoms, and even cravings.
- Many people report having spiritual experiences that help them stay clean when they use this natural remedy for opiate withdrawal.
- Treatment costs several thousands of dollars.
- Ibogaine is illegal in many countries, so usually travel becomes necessary.
- People have died from it when used incorrectly.
- It’s a powerful psychedelic, making it one of the most hard-to-legalize natural remedies for opiate withdrawal in the United States.
Ibogaine is such a potent psychedelic that it probably won’t ever be legal in the United States. Researchers are currently trying to produce a medication from the Iboga root that will provide the natural remedies for opiate withdrawal benefits without the psychedelic properties. If they accomplish this, then hopefully in the future the powerful natural remedy for opiate withdrawal can be a legal treatment option in the U.S.
2. Mega-Doses of Vitamin C – Natural Remedy for Opiate Withdrawal
Did you know that one of the strongest natural remedies for opiate withdrawal is Vitamin C? Now, I’m not talking about swallowing a few tablets of Vitamin C. What I’m referring to is mega-dosing Vitamin C for opiate withdrawal. Many opiate abusers have used 25-85 grams or more of Vitamin C per day as an effective natural remedy for opiate withdrawal.
Some believe that Vitamin C (in the form of sodium ascorbic) might block opioid receptors in the brain of heroin addicts and block or reduce the rush produced from intravenous use of the drug.
This theory was based on a series of experiments performed by Dr. Alexander G. Schauss, Ph.D., at the University of New Mexico. The hypothesis was that opioids bind to specific opioid receptors and that Vitamin C can bind to these receptors, thereby blocking the neuromodulatory effect of the opioid.
In a study from 2000, high doses of Vitamin C on the withdrawal syndrome of heroin abusers were investigated. The patients in the Vitamin C group received 300 mg per kg of body weight per day, along with Vitamin E in the amount of 5 mg per kg of body weight. The control group received only conventional medication.
The results showed that the Vitamin C group had much milder withdrawal symptoms than the control group. The study concluded that high doses of Vitamin C may ameliorate the withdrawal syndrome of heroin abusers.
- Vitamin C mega-dosing is very inexpensive ($10 – $40).
- This can be done from your own home.
- It eliminates the most severe withdrawal symptoms.
- Mega-dosing Vitamin C usually causes “bowel intolerance” (diarrhea, stomach cramping, gas etc).
- It doesn’t help to ease any of the post-acute withdrawal symptoms.
3. Opiate Withdrawal Supplements – Natural Remedy for Opiate Withdrawal
A High-Quality Opiate Withdrawal Supplement is without a doubt one of the easiest natural remedies for opiate withdrawal to use, and it’s also extremely powerful. It contains a well-formulated blend of natural nutrients that have been shown to ease opiate withdrawal symptoms.
Opiate Withdrawal Supplements may provide you with the following benefits:
- Enhances Mood
- Promotes healthy digestion and appetite
- Increases natural energy and focus
- Calms anxiety
- Restores dopamine, GABA, and serotonin production quickly
- Reverses depression
- Reverses insomnia and helps you get more restorative sleep
If you can afford it, I also highly recommend taking this awesome supplement, because the benefits are just too good to pass up.
- Contains an amazing nutrient profile with concentrated quantities that will without a doubt help reduce opiate withdrawal symptoms
- It’s easy to use
- It can be used from the comfort of your own home
- There’s a Money-Back Guarantee
- Comes with a FREE shipping policy
- Expensive for most people
- You can’t buy it at a normal store close to your home; you have to order it online
4. Kratom – Natural Remedy for Opiate Withdrawal
Many opiate abusers have used kratom for opiate withdrawal to successfully end their addictions. It’s another one of the least well-known natural remedies for opiate withdrawal, though it’s gaining popularity. Kratom is a beautiful tree (member of the coffee family) that is not regulated by the Drug Enforcement Agency in the United States (making it legal), which has mu-opioid agonist qualities (like morphine), that can without a doubt help anyone ease their opiate withdrawal symptoms naturally.
Kratom eases opiate withdrawal symptoms in a fascinating way. This natural remedy for opiate withdrawal that is native to Southeast Asia is not an opiate, however, Kratom is an opioid agonist. This is just a fancy term meaning that it mimics the effects of opioid drugs such as heroin, morphine, hydrocodone, oxycodone etc. You’ve probably heard of the medications Suboxone, Subutex and Methadone. These are also opioid agonists, and they tend to eliminate opiate withdrawal symptoms and cravings especially well.
Mitragynine, the major alkaloid in kratom, is a partial opioid agonist producing similar effects to morphine. An interesting minor alkaloid of kratom, 7-hydroxymitragynine, has been reported to be more potent than morphine. Both kratom alkaloids activate supraspinal mu- and delta- opioid receptors, which is the main reason this natural remedy for opiate withdrawal alleviates withdrawal symptoms so well.
- It’s an opioid agonist that eases withdrawal symptoms in a major way.
- Kratom is legal or unregulated in many countries.
- It’s very inexpensive and affordable.
- It’s available for purchase online.
- If you become addicted to kratom, it also has significant withdrawal symptoms associated with it.
- It’s still a powerful drug that you’re taking.
- You won’t be medically overseen by any professionals.
OK…there you have it – four of the best natural remedies for opiate withdrawal. Now you know the best options, and you also know the prices, as well as the pros and cons of each.
I wish you good luck on your quest for a mild opiate withdrawal…
Furthermore, I love connecting with my readers and helping in any way I can. Therefore, if you have any questions on natural remedies for opiate withdrawal, please don’t hesitate to leave them in the comment box below.