A highly effective and often overlooked strategy that can help you feel better during an opioid taper or after an acute opioid detox is to really dial in your nutrition.
Yet these are rarely used by most individuals getting off opioids.
Table of Contents
Poor eating patterns become hard-wired habits, and most people are addicted to eating foods that are unhealthy because they taste good and reduce stress at the moment.
Unhealthy sleeping patterns are also hard-wired habits that are detrimental to health and wellness, but it’s fun to stay up late watching movies and/or shows.
Water is ultra important to drink in the quantities our bodies need it in, yet most individuals don’t even drink half of their daily H20 requirements for optimal hydration.
Exercise is one of the healthiest things a person can do for their bodies, mind, and emotions, yet most people don’t get enough exercise… if any at all.
It can be really hard to break a bunch of habits all at once, and that’s why I teach people to “take baby steps.”
Doing one new small habit daily can have awesome rewards.
In this article, you’re going to learn how to make a delicious latte that will help to enhance your physical and psychological health.
Making and drinking this latte every morning is taking a baby step in the right direction for enhancing your well-being.
This latte recipe I’ve created (which I named “M-Cubed”) can help you optimize your health while you’re on opioids, during an opioid taper, and/or after you’ve detoxed from opioids.
The M-Cubed Latte
Lots of people drink lattes either daily or on a regular basis. But these lattes are usually from Starbucks or other coffee shops.
Starbucks and most other places serve lattes with non-organic coffee beans that are often contaminated with mold.
And the milk is typically not organic either, which means the cows were given hormones and antibiotics, and fed grains (inflammatory) instead of grass.
Then you have the sugar.
Starbucks and most other coffee shops use some type of refined sugar-type sweetener.
The M-Cubed Latte tastes delicious, is extremely healthy, and can provide a superabundance of mental and physical health benefits.
Here are just a few of the benefits I receive from drinking the M-Cubed Latte:
- Mental Clarity
- Enhanced Immunity
- Libido Boost
- Uplifted Mood
M-Cubed Latte Recipe
Now you’re going to learn what the ingredients of the M-Cubed Latte are, what benefits they provide, and how to make the latte. So get ready!!!
Here are the M-Cubed Latte ingredients:
- 8 ounces of unsweetened organic almond milk
- 1 tsp of organic matcha powder
- 1 tsp of raw organic maca root powder
- 1 tsp of organic mucuna pruriens powder
- 1 tsp of raw organic cane sugar
If you buy these ingredients and drink this latte every morning it will help you recover from opioid dependence in a much easier way.
Here are the reasons why this latte can help you feel better while coming off opioids:
- Maca root powder helps to provide energy, stamina, a positive mood, and enhanced libido, and since it’s an adaptogen, it also helps your body adapt to stress.
- Mucuna pruriens is a tropical legume that has high levels of L-Dopa in it. L-Dopa converts to dopamine in the brain. While you’re getting off opioids, dopamine levels plummet, and that causes depression, anxiety, exhaustion, hopelessness, and other symptoms.
- Matcha powder is the strongest form of green tea. It contains a small amount of caffeine, and high amounts of L-Theanine, a non-dietary amino acid that increases the neurotransmitters dopamine, GABA, and serotonin. All of these neurotransmitters help your brain repair the neurotransmitter erosion that opioid dependence causes.
M-Cubed Latte Step-by-Step
I hope you’re excited about trying this latte. And now you know why it’s called “M-Cubed” as it has Matcha, Maca, and Mucuna for the 3 main ingredients.
I drink it often and simply can’t recommend it enough for opioid recovery.
If you’re still confused on how to make M-Cubed, this section will make things easier.
I’ve already provided you with the ingredients and amounts, and now you’ll learn how to make the M-Cubed Latte step-by-step.
Here’s how to make an M-Cubed Latte:
- Pour 8 ounces of unsweetened organic almond milk into a medium saucepan.
- Bring it to a very soft boil.
- Take the saucepan off the burner and turn off the heat.
- Add 1 tsp of each ingredient (matcha, maca, mucuna, cane sugar).
- Use a small whisk to whisk it all up until it’s mixed well and frothy.
- Leave it hot or warm, or add ice to make an iced M-Cubed Latte.
If you have any comments or questions on the content of this article, please post them in the comment box below. Take care!