A few weeks ago, a woman named Shannon left an inspiring comment on one of my articles. Apparently, she was able to use three medications and one natural supplement to completely stop the entire opiate withdrawal syndrome!
I was happy to hear she had such great success, and I also thought it would be a cool idea to post her “recipe”, that way more people might be able to duplicate her results.
The Shannon Recipe consists of the following:
- Vitamin C – A natural supplement.
- Loperamide HCL – An over-the-counter anti-diarrhea medication that acts as an opiate on the myenteric plexus of the large intestine.
- Clonidine – A prescription blood pressure medication that is commonly prescribed by doctors for people going through opiate withdrawal.
- Dextromethorphan – An over-the-counter anti-cough medication, also known as DXM.
Note: Vitamin C, clonidine, and dextromethorphan have all been shown in studies to significantly reduce opiate withdrawal symptoms.
Shannon used the following dosages in her protocol:
- Vitamin C in the form of chewable sodium ascorbate – 2.5 grams, 3-4x per day.
- Loperamide HCL – 20 mg, 2x per day.
- Clonidine – 0.1 mg, 2x per day.
- DXM – 100 mg, 1-2x per day.
Here is the comment that Shannon wrote:
I am at 46.5 hours now using Vit C chewable (sodium ascorbate), 2.5 g 3 to 4x daily – its all I could get around my tiny town – loperamide HCL 20 mg 2x daily, clonidine 0.1 mg 2 x daily and DXM 100 mg 1-2x daily. I have to say I don’t have any symptoms at all. I do not have any energy but that is about it. When I wake up in the morning I have watery eyes and sneeze and yawn, but within 30 min of my meds I feel fine. I slept 7 hours last night. NO RLS! Felt fine today. I’ve been eating toast and cereal and all bathroom functions are fine. I have to say I don’t feel quite like myself and I think it’s the DXM but I don’t have any cravings or withdrawals.
I am coming off a huge habit which I tapered down to 120 mg oxy and/or 32 mg hydromorphone daily. I’m posting on here looking for ideas for supplements for energy because if I can get that back then I’m good to go. This is literally amazing guys, I cant believe no withdrawals. I generally can’t go more than 12 hrs. Please pray for me. You can do this guys, it’s not tough at all. My mind sometimes tries to get me to go get something else even though I dont have a single symptom outside the lack of any energy at all. I don’t even have anxiety believe it or not. Gonna do a hot shower now for the heavy tired muscles but overall I am quite happy that I have no symptoms. God bless you all though this.”
If you have any questions on using The Shannon Recipe for opiate withdrawal, please feel free to leave them in the comment box below.