The Elevation Recovery Podcast has officially launched. With 8 episodes to start you off and a new episode coming out every Tuesday, this on-demand radio show will help to progress the stagnant fields of addiction and mental health treatment.
How It Works
Throughout the many episodes of the show, you’ll learn a wide variety of addiction recovery and mental health recovery concepts, philosophies, strategies, tactics, tools, and resources.
For this project, I’ve collaborated with Chris Scott, founder of Fit-Recovery.
On one-third of the episodes, it’s me interviewing guests, and on one-third of the episodes, Chris interviews the guests.
The final third of the episodes are Chris and I simply chatting with each other on a wide array of addiction and mental health recovery topics.
In this first episode, Chris and I talk about the following:
- The purpose and mission of the Elevation Recovery Podcast
- Who the intended audience is
- Who the show is not a good fit for
- The bio/psycho/social/spiritual concept of addiction and mental health issues
- 12-Step meetings (pros and cons)
- Self-Improvement/personal development as a model for recovery
- The biochemical aspect of addiction/mental illness and recovery
- What types of guests will be featured on the show
- Creating an empowering identity
- Changing your belief systems and thought patterns
- Controlling Your Frames (CYF)
- Abstinence vs Harm Reduction vs Responsible Use
- Personalized and individualized treatment protocols
- Healing the brain with natural modalities
- Myths and misconceptions
- Groupthink vs self-reliance
- Importance of educating yourself from a wide variety of sources
Where You Can Listen to the Podcast
There are several places you can listen to the show, so you can choose which “channel” you like depending on your preferences.
Here are the channels where you can catch new episodes every Tuesday:
Along with Episode 1, which I highly recommend as the first one to listen to, there are some other episodes that you could really benefit from.
Here is info about Episodes 2-8 to help you identify which ones would be the best for you:
- Episode 2: Garrett Gray’s Transformational Story of Overcoming Opioid Addiction
- Episode 3: Dr. Rebecca Eriksen on Clinical Nutritional Interventions For Addiction Recovery
- Episode 4: Rynda Laurel’s Story of Recovery and Spreading Awareness on the Biochemical Aspect of Addiction
- Episode 5: Dr. Declan’s Transformation From Alcoholic Medical Professional To Free At Last
- Episode 6: Keith Leavitt’s Transformation From Substance Addiction To Living a Life of Recovery and Service
- Episode 7: John’s Story: Transcending Binge Drinking as a Type-A Corporate Executive
- Episode 8: Adam Goodson on Using Hypnosis and Neuro-Linguistic Programming For Addiction and Mental Health Recovery