- Typically safe and effective for individuals who are more likely to have mild to moderate withdrawal symptoms, rather than severe symptoms.
- Can be accomplished with a variety of medications such as buprenorphine-naloxone, buprenorphine alone, clonidine alone or clonidine combined with naltrexone.
- Some methadone clinics have a 21-Day Detox Program to choose for individuals wanting to quit opioid and not stay on methadone long-term.
- Patients get to live at home and visit the Outpatient facility at varied intervals depending on the program.
- Typically costs a couple of hundred dollars to $1,000 or more depending on the medications prescribed and the treatment program.
- The least intrusive detox method to an individual’s life.
- Only treats acute symptoms, and does nothing for PAWS.
—>Continue to next section: Ibogaine Treatment>>