Lithium orotate is a highly-undervalued and relatively unknown supplement for treating a number of mental and physical health issues.
And in the domain of opioid dependence treatment…
There is not much information online regarding the benefits of lithium orotate.
Thus, I feel compelled to write this article so you have another powerful supplement to use for your withdrawal and brain-healing process.
Table of Contents
Lithium Orotate Overview
The word “lithium” usually gets people thinking about bipolar disorder. Lithium carbonate is a prescription medication for bipolar disorder that acts as a mood stabilizer to prevent bipolar mania and depression.
But there is another form of lithium (lithium orotate) which is over-the-counter and has greater bioavailability, making it potentially very helpful for bipolar disorder with much fewer side effects than lithium carbonate.
Lithium orotate is an alkali metal in the same family as sodium, potassium, and other elements.
It’s elemental lithium that is bound to an orotic acid molecule.
Simply put, lithium orotate is a supplement made from an organic form of lithium, which is an essential mineral in our bodies used for the regulation of many body functions.
Lithium Orotate Mechanisms of Action
While there are many different mechanisms of action, in this article I’m only going to focus on the ones which provide benefits for opiate recovery.
Here are the top reasons why lithium orotate can help you feel better while getting off opioids:
- Increases BDNF – Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) is commonly referred to as “Miracle Grow for the brain” because it increases neurogenesis. Neurogenesis is the growth of new neurons, giving your brain a much-needed “biochemical upgrade” while getting off opioids. BDNF also provides powerful antidepressant and anti-anxiety effects.
- Mood-Stabilizing – Lithium orotate has a calming and mood-stabilizing effect that can be a true lifesaver when you’re getting off opioids.
- Increases Serotonin – Lithium orotate increases serotonin 5-HT1A postsynaptic sensitivity, which is in part responsible for its antidepressant activity, and when you combine that with the BDNF-boosting effect you have a wonderful antidepressant cocktail.
Lithium Orotate for Opiate Withdrawal
Here are some withdrawal symptoms lithium orotate can treat:
I used lithium orotate for the first few months after I got off opiates.
It was a total miracle supplement for my anxiety, and furthermore, it helped to stimulate the creation of new neurons and I could literally feel my mood and cognition increasing more and more.
How To Use Lithium Orotate for Opiate Withdrawal
At this point, you may be wanting to use lithium orotate in your opiate withdrawal and recovery plan. I can’t recommend this supplement enough, as it truly helped me and I’ve also seen it work for many others.
When using lithium orotate for opiate withdrawal, use the following guidelines:
- Take anywhere from 5-15 mg of lithium orotate with breakfast and again with dinner.
- Start off with 5 mg and work your way up if you need more.
- Combine lithium orotate with CBD oil for even more benefits.
- Also, make sure to take this powerful Opiate Withdrawal Formula if you want the complete package of nutrients to relieve withdrawal symptoms.
Lithium orotate is a natural supplement that can help you reduce anxiety, depression, and insomnia while getting off opioids. It’s very inexpensive, and when you combine it with certain other supplements, you can have a mild opiate withdrawal from home.
Always make sure to research the side effects and contraindications and talk to your doctor before trying any new supplements.
Increasing BDNF is of paramount importance once you quit opioids, and taking lithium orotate is a proven way to increase this “Miracle Grow for the brain.”
If you have any comments or questions on the use of lithium orotate for opiate withdrawal and brain repair after quitting, please post them in the comment box below.