Nutrition is one of the most important things in the world. And it becomes even more important while you’re either on an opioid taper or after you’ve detoxed from opioids.
There are many foods and beverages that you can consume which will help you feel better while you’re getting off opioids.
And one of the easiest and fastest ways to get this nutrition in your body during this process is to drink the smoothie I’m about to show you.
So read on to learn how to make a delicious smoothie that is easy-to-make, fast, affordable, and helpful for opioid recovery!!!
The name of this smoothie is “Morning Bliss.” If you drink this smoothie for breakfast every morning, you’ll start each day off with an abundance of micronutrients that will help you in numerous ways.
Here are some of the benefits of drinking Morning Bliss for breakfast:
- Enhanced Immune System
- Pain Relief
- Positive Mood
- Mental/Emotional Well-Being
When you give your body the right nutrients, your brain works better.
And when your brain works better, you work better.
One of the main reasons so many people have anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues is because their brain and body are lacking the right nutrients.
The vast majority of Americans eat too much crap, while simultaneously not getting enough fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and micronutrients to name a few.
The Morning Bliss smoothie is totally loaded with some awesome ingredients that contain plenty of the right nutrients to help you feel better while coming off opioids.
Morning Bliss Recipe
Now I’m going to teach you what the ingredients of Morning Bliss are, what benefits they provide, and how to make the smoothie. So get ready!!!
Here are the Morning Bliss ingredients:
- 12 ounces of water (spring or alkaline are my favorites)
- A big handful of either wild or organic blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 medium-sized organic banana
- 1 tsp of organic matcha powder
- 1 tsp of raw organic maca root powder
- 1 tsp of organic mucuna pruriens powder
- 1 serving of a powdered organic greens mixture
- 1 serving of organic beetroot powder
I know this is a lot of ingredients, but I swear… if you buy this stuff and drink this smoothie every morning it will help you recover from opioid dependence in a much easier way.
Here are the reasons why this smoothie can help you feel better while coming off opioids:
- Water helps to hydrate your body. Most people don’t get enough of this vital nutrient daily.
- Wild blueberries are packed with anthocyanins, a powerful water-soluble antioxidant. Organic blueberries are great as well, but wild blueberries have much higher levels of anthocyanins.
- Bananas are high in potassium, a mineral that can help with restless legs. Bananas also help the smoothie to taste better!
- Matcha powder is the strongest form of green tea. It contains a small amount of caffeine, and high amounts of L-Theanine, a non-dietary amino acid that increases the neurotransmitters dopamine, GABA, and serotonin. All of these neurotransmitters help your brain repair the neurotransmitter erosion that opioid dependence causes.
- Maca root powder helps to provide energy, stamina, a positive mood, and enhanced libido, and since it’s an adaptogen, it also helps your body adapt to stress.
- Mucuna pruriens is a tropical legume that has high levels of L-Dopa in it. L-Dopa converts to dopamine in the brain. While you’re getting off opioids, dopamine levels plummet, and that causes depression, anxiety, exhaustion, hopelessness, and other symptoms.
- Powdered greens significantly increase your alkalinity and make your body less acidic. When your body is alkaline, you have a lot more energy.
- Beetroot powder increases nitric oxide (NO) levels. Nitric oxide is a molecule that increases energy, decreases pain, improves nutrient absorption, boosts immunity, and enhances sexual function.
Morning Bliss Step-by-Step
I hope you’re excited about trying this smoothie. I drink it often and simply can’t recommend it enough for opioid recovery. If you’re still confused on how to make Morning Bliss, this section will make things easier.
I’ve already provided you with the ingredients and amounts, and now I’ll teach you how to make Morning Bliss step-by-step.
Here’s how to make Morning Bliss:
- Pour 12 ounces of water into the blender (you can also use unsweetened organic almond milk instead of water).
- Add all of the powdered superfoods (matcha, mucuna, maca, greens, and beetroot).
- Add the blueberries.
- Add the banana.
- Add a handful of ice if you want to make it more refreshing.
- Put the lid on the blender.
- Blend on low until all of the ingredients start to mix together.
- Blend on high for 45-60 seconds.
If you have any comments or questions on the content of this article, please post them in the comment box below. Take care!