In this video, I’m going to teach you How To Get Off Methadone Like a Champion!!! Back when I was a counselor at a methadone clinic, I almost never saw patients get off methadone…
And the few that did almost always came back to the clinic to get on methadone again…
Nearly always saying the same thing:
“I felt horrible for weeks or even months after detoxing off methadone.”
The traditional way of tapering off methadone they teach you at methadone clinics is just not too effective.
Tapering alone is not enough to help a person get off methadone and feel good fast.
While there are literally dozens if not a hundred things or more that can help, there are three simple and effective methadone tapering strategies that can be used to enable you to have a much easier time coming off methadone.
My Key 3 are:
The video below on How To Get Off Methadone Like a Champion will show you how to use these the right way:
Methadone Treatment Overview
- Methadone is a powerful opioid agonist drug and opiate replacement medication that can help people stay clean and get their lives back.
- However, methadone can be extremely hard to taper off.
- Most people that get off methadone end up back on methadone or other opioids.
- You typically don’t get a lot of good information from counselors and doctors on how to get off methadone with ease.
In a regular methadone taper plan, you meet with the doctor and they help you come up with a strategic methadone taper schedule based on your unique situation.
Then you start the taper plan.
You’re able to meet with the doctor to speed up or slow down your taper as needed.
And if you want to simply stop the taper and take a break for awhile, you can tell the nurse at the dosing window that you would like to “stop your taper for now.”
In addition to this methadone taper, you meet with your counselor regularly…
And that’s pretty much the typical methadone taper regimen in a nutshell.
Here’s the huge problem with this traditional methadone taper treatment method:
- Long-term methadone daily use leads to massive neurotransmitter deficiencies among other brain/body issues.
- Without addressing the biochemical aspect of tapering off methadone, you’re almost certain to feel like crap and give up on tapering off methadone.
Here’s the solution to this problem:
- Creating and adhering to a customized Bio/Psycho/Social/Spiritual Treatment Plan.
- The foundation of this treatment plan should be addressing and treating the biochemical issues of tapering off methadone with supplementation, exercise, nutrition, hydration, sleep, etc.
- Either taper off methadone using these additional strategies or switch over to buprenorphine or a short-acting opioid and then taper off the less powerful drug.
Some of My Favorite Supplements For Tapering Off Methadone:
Most people find that figuring out exactly what to take and how much is too overwhelming. It sure can be a lot to learn and a lot of pills to swallow.
At this point, I will mention my Top-Rated and Most-Read article called How To Get Off Methadone Without Withdrawal.
It provides you with a very simple step-by-step plan that involves a key combination supplement that contains many of the supplements mentioned above in the precise quantities needed to reduce methadone tapering symptoms.
Methadone Readiness Taper Checklist
Along with a strategic methadone taper plan and the Key 3 methadone taper strategies (supplementation, nutrition, exercise), another important thing to consider before tapering off methadone is whether or not you’re ready.
To significantly increase your chance of success, make sure you answer “yes” to the following five questions:
- Have you been clean off opioids and other drugs for several months or longer?
- Are you in good mental, physical, and emotional health?
- Are you prepared to endure some hard times but are still massively motivated to get off methadone?
- Do you have a strong support system?
- Have you eliminated bad influences from your life?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, you may very well be ready to begin tapering off methadone!!!
And if you would like to check out my Ultimate Opiate Recovery System, it has all the info you could ever need to get off methadone in the most painless way possible.
If you have any comments or questions on how to taper off methadone, please post them in the comment box below.