It contains a concentrated, synergistic blend of amino acids, herbs, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that can significantly reduce opioid withdrawal symptoms from tapering or coming off Suboxone, methadone, hydrocodone, oxycodone, morphine, and other opioid drugs.
While all of the nutrients in Calm Support are beneficial, there are several in the formulation that collectively offer the greatest symptom relief.
To illustrate how Calm Support can assist you while coming of opiates, I’m going to break down some of the individual ingredients and explain why they are so beneficial.
In this article, I’ll review the following aspects of Calm Support:
- Nutrients that help reduce opiate withdrawal symptoms
- Where to purchase
- How to use it for opiate recovery
Let’s begin learning about Calm Support by taking a scientific look at how the nutrients in the supplement can reduce opiate withdrawal symptoms from home.
1. Passion Flower
Passion flower is a beautiful flowering plant that has a long history of use among Native Americans in North America and European colonists.
Passion flower is a very beneficial herb for coming off opiates because it contains monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors and it binds to GABA receptors, thus enhancing brain chemistry and boosting mood.
Passion flower increases the following neurotransmitters in the brain:
- Serotonin – Makes you feel “emotionally relaxed” and content. Medications such as Prozac, Paxil, and other SSRI’s increase this neurotransmitter, and are often prescribed to treat Depressive Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
- Dopamine – When a person is tapering off opiates, their dopamine levels plummet, which can lead to anhedonia (inability to feel pleasure). Dopamine is responsible for feelings of motivation, pleasure, euphoria, and it plays a large role in the “reward system” in the brain.
- Epinephrine/Norepinephrine – Also known as adrenaline and noradrenaline, these “focus neurotransmitters” can reverse depression, fight fatigue, and help the body respond to the physical and psychological stress induced by coming off opiates.
- GABA – Acts as a “mental relaxant.” Anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) medications in the benzodiazepine class (Valium, Ativan, Xanax, Klonopin, Librium, etc.) work directly on the brain’s GABA receptors. GABA reduces anxiety, insomnia, and promotes feelings of deep tranquility.
Note: In a study from 2001, patients going through acute opiate withdrawal were divided into two groups. One group received clonidine plus a placebo, and the other group was given clonidine plus passion flower extract. The passion flower group showed a significant superiority over clonidine alone in the management of opiate withdrawal symptoms.
2. Mucuna Pruriens
Also referred to as velvet bean and other less common names, mucuna pruriens is a tropical legume native to Africa and Asia. It contains levodopa (L-dopa), which converts to the chemical dopamine in the brain.
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that promotes enjoyment and interest in life.
It also increases mental focus and feelings of pleasure. Addiction destroys the pleasure/reward center in the brain. That’s one of the reasons people experience depression and lack of motivation while coming off opiates.
Fortunately, mucuna pruriens can help re-supply your brain with dopamine naturally, leading to enhanced:
- Enjoyment of Life!
Note: In a study from 2010, mucuna pruriens was shown to reduce psychological stress in adult males.
3. Ginger Root
Ginger is a great addition to the Calm Support formula, and it has TREMENDOUS value for individuals that are getting off opiates. In Peru, ginger is sliced in hot water as a remedy for stomach aches. Studies have shown ginger to be useful in the treatment of nausea and vomiting.
Ginger also has phytochemicals called gingerols, which are structurally similar to the COX-2 inhibitors in Advil and other NSAIDs.
In two clinical studies involving patients who responded to conventional drugs and those who didn’t, physicians found some interesting statistics.
They observed the following:
- 75% of arthritis patients experienced relief of pain and/or swelling from ginger.
- 100% of patients with muscular discomfort experienced relief of pain and/or swelling from ginger.
Note: Individuals that are coming off opiates often complain of gastrointestinal issues, decreased appetite, and muscle soreness. Ginger can help treat these symptoms naturally.
This incredible root has helped countless individuals get off opiates with more energy and less stress. Ashwagandha, commonly referred to as “Indian ginseng,” is one of the most popular “adaptogenic herbs.”
Adaptogens are special herbs that help your body adapt to stress and resist fatigue.
Adaptogens promote the facilitation of homeostasis in the body. They’re called adaptogens because of their unique ability to “adapt” their function according to your body’s specific needs.
Here are some amazing benefits for you to review, Adaptogens:
- Improve the health of your adrenal system.
- Help strengthen the body’s response to stress.
- Enhance the body’s ability to cope with anxiety and fight fatigue.
- Calm you down and boost your energy at the same time without over stimulating.
- Work a bit like a thermostat. When the thermostat senses that the room temperature is too high it brings it down; when the temperature is too low it brings it up.
Note: In a study from 2000, ashwagandha was tested on rats to determine if it had anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) and antidepressant activity. The conclusion of the study was that the investigations support the use of ashwagandha as a mood stabilizer in clinical conditions of anxiety and depression. In a study from 2013, it was concluded that ashwagandha has potential against cancer-related fatigue.
L-Tryptophan is referred to as an “essential” amino acid because our bodies cannot manufacture it, and it must be obtained from food.
L-Tryptophan is an important amino acid for coming off opiates because of its POWERFUL ability to treat depression, anxiety, and insomnia.
After absorbing L-Tryptophan from food or a supplement, our bodies make the following conversion:
L-Tryptophan ⇒ 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) ⇒ Serotonin
As I mentioned previously, serotonin is a neurotransmitter that significantly affects mood. Low serotonin levels can lead to depression, insomnia, anxiety, and other problems. One way to increase serotonin is to eat foods that are rich in this amino acid.
Have you ever eaten a big Thanksgiving dinner, then had to lay on the couch afterwards because you were so tired?
Turkey has a very high amount of L-Tryptophan, which can result in an individual becoming relaxed after consuming it.
Note: In addition to consuming foods high in L-Tryptophan, supplementing with Calm Support while coming off opiates can increase serotonin production due to the presence of this amino acid in the nutrient profile.
L-Theanine is an amino acid analogue of the proteinogenic amino acids L-Glutamate and L-Glutamine. It is abundant in green, black, and white tea leaves.
L-Theanine is commonly used to to help with anxiety, blood pressure control, mood, and cognition.
It increases levels of the following neurotransmitters in the brain:
L-Theanine also increases alpha wave production in the brain.
Alpha waves are present when your brain is in an idling default-state typically created when you’re daydreaming or consciously practicing mindfulness or meditation.
Note: In a study from 2012, L-Theanine was shown to significantly reduce opiate withdrawal symptoms in rats, while producing anti-anxiety effects. The results of the study suggested that L-Theanine may be useful in the pharmacotherapy of treating opioid withdrawal as well as anxiety-associated behaviors.
More Amazing Nutrients For Opiate Withdrawal
If I were to continue going into this much detail on the rest of the Calm Support nutrients that are beneficial for opiate withdrawal symptoms, this would be long enough to turn into an Ebook!
Thus, I will be giving much shorter descriptions from here on out, and provide brief information as to what opiate withdrawal symptoms these nutrients can treat.
More Calm Support nutrients that are beneficial for coming off opiates:
- Valerian Root – A perennial herb that is native to Europe, which can lessen anxiety, nervous restlessness, and insomnia due to it affecting GABA receptor activity in a similar action to passion flower.
- GABA – An inhibitory neurotransmitter made by the brain that is available in supplement form. Some people believe this supplement doesn’t cross the Blood Brain Barrier (BBB), while others argue that is does. GABA is the brain’s natural Valium; great for anxiety, tension, and insomnia.
- Motherwort – This herb “gladdens the heart” and relaxes the nervous system, resulting in a big mood-boost, and relief of nervous debility and spasm. Higher doses of of this herb can act as a sedative to improve sleep, while smaller doses during the day can give energy by reducing debilitating anxiety.
- Oat Seed – An herb that is soothing to the brain and nervous system. It’s especially beneficial to consume oat seed powder during times of nervous system weakness or exhaustion.
- Phyllanthus – A health-enhancing herb that has a powerful ability to detoxify the liver and alleviate pain.
- Vitamin/Mineral Blend – Calm Support contains the following nutrients that can be helpful for coming off opiates: Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Thiamin, Folic Acid, and Zinc.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), “studies have established that drug dependence and addiction are features of an organic brain disease caused by drugs’ cumulative impact on neurotransmission.”
In an article published on NIDA, titled Impact of Drugs on Neurotransmission, it states that opiates specifically damage the brain’s natural ability to produce dopamine and endorphin/enkephalin.
According to Dr. Charles Gant, author of End Your Addiction Now: The Proven Nutritional Supplement Program That Can Set You Free, the most effective way to restore healthy neurotransmission after abusing opiates is to take DLPA and L-Tyrosine, among other nutrients.
Calm Support contains velvet bean, which does the same thing as L-Tyrosine (increases dopamine), along with many other important brain and mood benefits that L-Tyrosine doesn’t have.
New Standards, Inc., an independent research group which assesses addiction recovery results, performed a clinical outcome study on Dr. Gant’s nutritional supplement program.
According to the study, 83% of the patients that followed the nutritional protocols were still drug and alcohol free a year later, showing the importance of taking the right nutrients to get off opiates and other drugs.
This is nearly triple the results that conventional treatment methods produce.
Pros of Taking Calm Support
Now that we’ve covered the ingredients of Calm Support and the importance of using the right supplements to restore healthy neurotransmission, let’s talk about the pros and cons of Calm Support.
Calm Support Pros:
- Extraordinary Nutrient Profile helpful at easing opiate withdrawal symptoms.
- Least expensive Opiate Withdrawal Supplement on the market ($59 for a 30-day supply is $30 cheaper than the 2nd least expensive one).
- FREE Shipping (Rush Delivery available).
- Comes with a FREE 17 page ebook titled Withdrawal Aid Lifestyle Program (helps you prepare before, during, and after your opiate withdrawal).
- Best Money-Back Guarantee out of all the opiate withdrawal formulas on the market (30-day no questions asked 100% Satisfaction Guarantee).
With the other opiate withdrawal formulas, you either have to return the bottle within seven days (and answer four questions), or you have to return it unopened to get a refund.
The Calm Support Satisfaction Guarantee shows their confidence in the product.
If I bought a product to ease my opiate withdrawal symptoms, I would want the option to return it for a full refund with no questions asked for up to 30 days.
Calm Support is the only product that offers this deal.
Pretty much no supplement I’ve ever found is perfect. Let’s see where Calm Support could stand to be even better than it already is.
Calm Support Cons:
- It doesn’t contain DL-Phenylalanine (DLPA); a supplement that can increase endorphins and dopamine. Calm Support has velvet bean to increase dopamine already. To increase your endorphins, simply take DLPA, exercise, or eat a big piece of dark chocolate (better to do all of the above)…problem solved.
- You can’t purchase it at a store close to you; you have to wait until it comes in the mail; luckily they have Rush Delivery available.
What Sets Calm Support Apart From the Competition
It’s apparent that Calm Support owner Ryan Donnelly is very serious about providing people with the highest quality and safest opiate withdrawal formula on the market.
After speaking with him, I learned even more about the incredible benefits from taking Calm Support.
Here’s what Ryan had to say:
1. We do NOT use extracts from our herbs. Instead we use the entire herb ground into a powder. That way the user receives the full benefit that each herb provides. Most companies use extracts, which is the cheaper way to go.
2. Calm Support does not use magnesium stearate as a flow agent. It is unnecessary for manufacturing and has the potential to greatly decrease the absorption of the formula. Additionally, it is a red flag in the industry that often indicates a supplement is of inferior quality. There have also been questions raised as to whether magnesium stearate has the potential to be toxic. For more information, please see the following article by Thorne Research: World Health Officials Question Safety of Magnesium Stearate (The flow agents allows the manufacturing to help “funnel” the ingredients into the capsules). Instead we use organic rice powder, making our product that much cleaner.
3. We are also fully vegan, no artificial dyes, no artificial colors, and no fillers!”
Calm Support Gets My Stamp of Approval
In conclusion, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND using Calm Support as a natural and effective way to ease opiate withdrawal symptoms from home. Taking this product for at least 30 days can help restore your brain chemistry and body to optimal functioning.
If you want to supercharge your opiate recovery, take Calm Support for 3-6 months after coming off opiates.
These symptoms are not as severe, but the long duration actually makes them more detrimental to recovery.
Calm Support is also amazing to use while coming off hydrocodone, oxycodone, Suboxone, Subutex, methadone, and other opioid drugs.
How To Use Calm Support
Another thing I love about Calm Support is how simple it is to benefit from. You simply take the capsules with food 2-3 times a day, and you get to supply your body with the nutrients it’s craving while coming off opiates.
- Recommended Dosage: Take 1 capsule in the morning and 1 capsule in the evening, preferably with food. Each bottle contains 60 capsules, a 30-day supply. (For bad withdrawal symptoms, try taking 4 to 8 capsules throughout the day. It REALLY HELPS!!!)
- Calm Support can be taken while tapering opioids, while getting off opioids, and for many months or longer after being opioid-free. Additionally, many people even start taking Calm Support while they are on opioids at their present dose. Doing so can enable you to get by on less opioids on a daily basis, and it can provide a general sense of calmness and well-being.
- If you really want to feel good, I also highly recommend taking this awesome supplement, because the benefits are just too good to pass up.
How To Purchase Calm Support
Taking Calm Support on a regular basis, combined with exercise, nutrition, and counseling/coaching/therapy, can lead to better physical, mental, and emotional health.
This can ultimately lead to more happiness and fulfillment in life.
Calm Support is only available for purchase online. Right now they have a Special Deal where you can save between 20-30% if you buy multiple bottles.
- Calm Support can be used to naturally reduce withdrawal symptoms caused by coming off Suboxone, methadone, hydrocodone, oxycodone, morphine, and other opioid drugs.
- The product comes with a Money-Back Guarantee; so the most an individual would lose out on is the price it would cost to ship the supplement back to the company…probably a few dollars.
- Many individuals have used Calm Support to come off opiates with great success.
- Nearly every coaching client I’ve had has taken Calm Support…and they all told me how much they loved it.
Testimonial’s I Found Online
I got off opiates many years ago, and Calm Support wasn’t around back then. Based on the ingredients, I know for a fact it can help tremendously.
But if you’re like me, you also want to hear from customers that have actually used Calm Support. I found these Calm Support testimonials online. They’re pretty cool.
“My daughter has battled with substance abuse for many years after college. She became addicted to heroin and was in and out of treatment centers. We were living a roller coaster life and I was always worried. She met Ryan and he helped to get her into a treatment center that was the right fit for her. She began taking CalmSupport to help with P.A.W.S. (post acute withdrawal symptoms) and they subsided completely. I am forever grateful for the work this company does and recommend this product to any parent looking for help.”
“I was a Division I College football player and got injured early in my Sophomore year. I began taking pain killers to help me stay on the field and relevant on my team. Over time my life was completely reliant on pain pills. After I graduated I lost everything I worked for, was living on my friends couch and had no hope for the future. I found Ryan online and began talking with him and he told me about CalmSupport. With this product, I made it through my withdrawals and have my life back. It does get better, but you have to want it. Thank you.”
“I am a successful business owner with a wife and 4 kids. I began taking Oxycodone recreationally here and there to make myself numb and to relax after work. It worked for a little amount of time before I was spending most of my hard earned money into keeping up this habit. Unable to leave for rehab because I had to support my family, I used CalmSupport in the privacy of my own home. It helped me through my withdrawals and continues to help me stay calm in my everyday life.”
Latest posts by Matt Finch (see all)
- How I Healed From Chronic Pain: The Story of My Miraculous Recovery - July 24, 2017
- The Great Pain Deception Review: My Favorite Book on Healing Chronic Pain - July 24, 2017
- How To Get Off Codeine At Home - July 21, 2017